- Reduces scrap rate, cycle time and cost per production cycle
- Improves surface quality and finish
- Makes part-line blowholes a thing of the past
- Simple to use and install
- Does not restrict part shrinkage
- Easily incorporated into current pressurisation systems
- Click here for PDF of line drawing
- Supavent is a one-way vent that fits into venting holes in moulds. It replaces the need for other materials usually inserted in these holes and gives better, more consistent results.
- The vent is made of a heat-resistant flexible polymer with a blind ended “dome”™ at one end, and an open-ended “mushroom”™ at the other.
- A carefully-designed slit down one side turns it into a one-way valve, enabling air to enter the mould but preventing it from leaving.
- Gives repeatable results: because Supavent is a manufactured product designed specifically to fit into venting holes in moulds, its performance is consistent and never gets blocked.
- All this means that you produce better rotationally moulded parts cheaper and more easily.
Supavent - Long
Supavent - Long
- Supavent is larger than the normal diameter, and will fit snugly into a 13mm (1/2') or 19mm (3/4") hole.
- In a cast aluminium mould, simply drill a hole. In a sheet metal mould, or if converting a used mould, the placement hole may require a collar.
- Supavent performs better when located near a future that provides some protection from the powder movement or when used in a Technovent for larger shot weights.
- Insert the closed end of the tube through the placement hole from the outside of the mould until the collar butts up against the outer wall of the mould.
- The life expectancy of Supavent may be increased significantly in a PTFE (Teflon ®) collar.
- For further information please visit La Plastecnica